Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
I hope everyone is having a good day with friends and family and other loved ones.

In middle school we don't really give out those little paper valentine's, but our school did have a party where we got naked cupcakes and we got to choose from a few different colors of icing in little cups, and then little cups of things like candy or sprinkles or crushed up chocolate bits for ontop, and a few of us swapped each other for the ones we made.

Before I'd left for school today, Fin gave me this necklace for Valentine's Day. Isn't it awesome? It's one necklace, but looks like I'm wearing two.

When I got home from school, we had a package from our friend Shanna with Valentine's gifts; perfect timing, huh!? The box of chocolates said 'for Fin', but she told me they're really for me since she can't eat them-- so thanks, Shanna! I think that I will share them with the other Americans (the British kids always say American chocolate "tastes of sick" or I'd totes share with them, too).

I was also sneaky! I mentioned to Fin how silly it was that people were gossiping about something, and that if they wanted to know whether a new person was coming, and if they were Chinese or Canadian, they should just ask her. She gave me a funny smile, though, but then she said, "someone can be both, you know. like Sara is English, but she's also Indian...". I think that's a hint! I think that there IS a new person, and that they'll be Chinese Canadian! (Or Canadian Chinese, I guess...) I wonder what they're like and when they'll arrive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment