Sunday, May 15, 2011

dry spell

I haven't drawn in awhile. I mean, I've doodled on school work when I finished early, but I've not really done any proper art. It's so frustrating to not feel inspired. It makes me question who I am, you know?

Is there anything that if you suddenly couldn't stop doing, you'd feel less like you? I asked some of the others here that, and this is what they said:
Llinos: write code
Zora: dance
Xander: play violin
Joy: bake
Aedon: read

Joy said when she has trouble baking, like if things keep messing up, that she'll make a recipe that she knows by heart, and try to make something completely different out of it; she said that's how she turned oatmeal cookies into the cranberry granola that Riley's so crazy about, so maybe I could take a medium I know and do something really different with it-- but I can't think of any way to do that! Llinos said that sometimes if she's come to a rough spot where she can't make any code, she goes for a walk to clear her head. I've been walking so much this week! I even went out jogging with Niamh and Riley a few times. Zora said that if she doesn't feel like dancing, that sometimes it's because she's tired, so she listens to bouncy music that'll make her feel like getting up again. There was an artist who was really into combining music and art, named Kadinksy, but he was an abstract painter, and that's not really my thing.

I'll brainstorm some ideas, I guess, but if you have any ideas, feel free to suggest them!

4 comments:

  1. Do you mean Kandinsky? He was Russian, like me!

    I think I'd feel a lot less like myself if I were to stop dancing. Sometimes I get so frustrated with how much work it is, but I love the feeling of flying across the floor at the end of class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is something that really inspires me. Certain lyrics make me think more deeply about my life, or they simply relate to myself.
    I guess you could say I am a writer, even though I mainly write about myself. Maybe one day I'll publish a memoir. Who knows? Music influences the way I write. I like to think of song lyrics that coordinate with what I am posting about.
    I also love clothes. I think without having my ability to put together outfits, I wouldn't feel like me. I wouldn't feel unique on the outside, and I use the outside to represent my inner uniqueness, if that makes sense.
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to create quilts and wool "things". Sometimes I don't have the time to be inspired and feel uncreative. Luckily, I've been though it enough times now, that I know the creative energy will come back to me. I do feel better when I'm in creative mode than when I'm not. Kind of like I'm resonating better with the world.
    Love,
    Summer
    PS: I haven't forgotten that I'd like to be pen pals. I just haven't had time to think about it. I want to send you some post cards while on my road trip this summer. Can you send me your address on facebook again?

    ReplyDelete